The Holy Land: Walking in the Footsteps of Jesus (February 2020)
FEBRUARY 10-21, 2020
This pilgrimage is sold out. This information is being provided for reference only.
St. Jerome called the Holy Land “The Fifth Gospel.” Today, many people say that to visit the Holy Land is to see the Bible in color, in 3D, or in high definition. Come with Paulist Fr. Rich Andre and Mr. Sergio Pellicano to experience the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ in new and powerful ways! We will have Mass every day, including in many of the holiest sites of Christianity. A secondary focus of our pilgrimage will be getting to know the various peoples currently living in the Holy Land.
We will spend our first six days in Jerusalem and the surrounding areas. (Click here to download the proposed itinerary.) Highlights include:
- Mount of Olives & Garden of Gethsemane
- Via Dolorosa & Church of the Holy Sepulchre
- Upper Room & Church of Saint Peter in Gallicantu
- Bethlehem: Church of the Nativity
- Beit Sahor: Shepherds’ Field
- Ein Karem: Church of St. John the Baptist & Church of the Visitation
- Emmaus, Jericho, the Jordan River, and the Dead Sea
- Israel Museum, Western Wall, and Yad Vashem Memorial Museum
- Conversations with Jewish, Christian, and Muslim leaders
We will spend our remaining time in the Galilee region. Highlights include:
- Nazareth: Church of the Annunciation & St. Joseph’s Workshop
- Mount Tabor: Church of the Transfiguration
- Mount of the Beatitudes
- Boat ride on the Sea of Galilee
- Capernaum, Tabgha, Cana, and Nain
For pictures and a brief reflection from Fr. Rich’s first visit to the Holy Land, please see his Not Just a Vacation: 7 Reasons to Make a Pilgrimage to the Holy Land blog post.
|Newark||Tel Aviv (United 84)||03/30/2019||4:45 pm||10:15 am|
|Tel Aviv||Newark (United 91)||04/09/2019||11:10 pm||4:10 am|